The little Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is a small chapel that, in the past, belonged to the Convent of the Carmelites. Outside the walls of Porta Nuova, the convent was suppressed in 1809 and later used as a private home.
The Church is a modest-sized building in neoclassical style, dating from the 18th century. The facade is like a simple shed with a single central portal, surmounted by a triangular tympanum and a rose window. It ends with a slope profile and a small bell tower centrally placed. The Church has a single nave, with decorations on the side walls marked by three blind niches and by a niche that hosts a statue.
The upper part is traversed by trabeation with crosses, anchors and circles. The presbytery, slightly raised by one step than the central hall, supports a marble altar surmounted by a niche in which there is the statue of our Lady of Mount Carmel with Child. For a period, the structure was used as a private home, but from 2012 the Church was reopened.