Left door is a door located in the current Largo Roma and precisely in Via Massangioli. Dating back to the 14th – 15th century, with this door two more were built: New door and Portella, the latter no longer exists.
According to a 1300 document, three doors were built for the entrance to the ancient village of Montenero di Bisaccia: Left door, New door and Portella. Together with the towers, the doors were part of the wall that enclosed and defended the ancient village of Montenero di Bisaccia in which there was the castle. By the time, the city’s expansion and the various transformations have completely altered the architectural aspect of the Castle, transforming it into a private home.
The first two doors are still there, while Portella, the smallest, has no trace. Portella was near the Mother Church, Church of St. Matthew the Apostle, and the Baroness Palace not more existing. It is also called Buca for its small size. While Left door, hardly inserted in an architectural style, was called so because it corresponded to the left of those who came from Portella.