Termoli central railway station is located in Garibaldi square, in the heart of the city center. Frequented every day by hundreds of citizens and tourists, it is located along Adriatic Railroad at km 439 (from Bologna) and at the same time it is the last stop of the line Campobasso.
The central railway station is built in 1864 (one of the first after the Unity of Italy) when Adriatic line from Pescara arrives to Foggia and then to Bari and Brindisi to connect north to south in the new Italian State. From 1879 (with the opening of Suez Canal) and until 1914, the so-called Suitcase of the India, the postal train that crosses the Italian peninsula and carries passengers and correspondence from London to Bombay, travels through Adriatic railway. The Station is composed by two buildings: one original and the other made in the eighties. The first has three bodies, one of which is a central building, composed of three levels, while the two sides are arranged on one plane. There are other warehouses beside the principal building. The most recent one has the most modern architectural structure, in contrast with neighboring buildings; it was built in reinforced cement and it is characterized by glass windows on the sides. Inside the passenger buildings there are ticket offices, self-service ticket office, waiting room, elevators, toilets, bar, newsstand, pharmacy and Polfer’s (railway police) headquarters. In addition, in order to facilitate the passage of pedestrians from one side of the town to the other, in agreement with the municipal administration, in 1995 it was inaugurated an underpass, to link two areas of the city: Viale Trieste to Garibaldi square, also known as square of the station.
Termoli central railway station is composed by a structure that has five binaries for the passenger service and four more for the reception of the vehicles. The service area is composed by shoulders protected by platform roofs painted in green color.